As we prepare to celebrate in 2022 15 years of our amazing fundraising organisation founded in 2007 by Andrew Baker MBE BCAv we extend our hugest of thanks to everyone who has and continues to support us.
To think that P2G was originally meant to be just an one off football tournament for charity set up in 2007, but from that very first 6 a side tournament held at Abingdon's Tilsley Park we have continued to just grow and grow and done so much providing so much and changing transforming and saving tens of thousands of people's lives across Oxfordshire and more wider afield.
Thanks to everyone who has donated the all important pennies and ££s, volunteered their time to help in so many ways, helped to organise events many of which, including our football tournaments, mini festive markets, balls and summer fayres in Didcot have been event institutions in the county, sponsored events, taken on challenges, adopted us as their charity of the years or donated gifts at Christmas as part of our "Sleigh2Give" arm, to much more.
Some of our highlighted and notable aspects of our work:
- We have provided over £180k in total value of raised gifts distributed out to many local charities, and less fortunate families and people in need every Christmas, since our festive spin off Sleigh2Give (again meant to be an one off drive with Sainsbury's Didcot) was created in 2015.
- Funded at over £40k a single patient room on the teenage ward, treating patients facing long term stays in the Oxford Children's Hospital, unveiled in March 2017.
- The Play2Give Superheroes formed in early 2019 to help raise our awareness and funds including their first ever challenge of a 20 plus mile walk from Didcot to the JR in September 2019.
- In 2017 we Funded six specialist neuro physiotherapy exercise chairs at the Headway Oxfordshire rehabilitation centre for brain injury service users.
- Sponsored a family room in early 2021 in the brand new Ronald McDonald House Oxford after raising over £10k across three years to help fund the new 62-bed House at the JR for families of sick children in hospital.
- Our Volunteers of just 3 in 2007 has grown to over 25 to date, ranging in ages from 17 to 70 plus.
- Won Thames Valley Charity of the Year at the TVBC Awards, Jan 2020.
- Provided £400 in grants to enable struggling families to buy Christmas presents for their children, 2020.
- Two Didcot Summer Fayres with the biggest ever turn out in 2018 and 2019.
- Sweet treat hamper to thank the amazing staff at Sobell House for working tirelessly to care for the most terminally ill.
- Since 2018 Provided year round gifts to SSNAP (Support for the Sick Newborn and their Parents) for the family rooms.
- Supported over 32 causes in 14 years.
- Won the Best Fundraising Innovation & Campaign Award in the Didcot BACAs 2015.
- Finalist for Charity of the Year in the Oxfordshire Business Awards 2018.
- Sleigh2Give - our annual gift giving appeal - launched in 2015 and has just grown and grown and grown since!
- In April 2021 gained our first ever business address and HQ in Abingdon, at The Lambourn. An exciting part of our continued growth and development.
- Provided some magical pamper hampers with Marianne Slipper/ELTH to provide some tlc to struggling individuals.
- Organised the first Didcot's Got Talent Show in collaboration with the Angels Performing Arts Didcot - a sell out show night at the Cornerstone in 2019.
- Since 2020 Providing clothing packages to less privileged families in and around the Didcot area.
- Provided over 300 Easter eggs in our first ever Easter appeal with Pure Gym Didcot in 2020 to Didcot foodbank so no child from low income families went without an Easter treat.
- Andy opened the new Pure Gym Local in Didcot in November 2019, cutting the ribbon alongside local legend Jack Cummings.
- Organised the first and successful Didcot Mini Festive Market in 2020 with the support of Didcot Events.
- 2 successful sell out black ties in 2017 and 2019, and in March 2021 we hold our third gala Ball.
- Andy Baker honoured with a British Citizen Award in 2017 & an MBE for services to charity in the Queen's New Year Honours 2021.
- In 2022 we will become 15 years old (in September officially) and 20 years (2 whole decades!) of fundraising for Andy.
- And much much more!
These are just a few of our notable achievements in our lifetime, and as we continue all year round to make a very real difference with very huge impacts there are likely to be many more over the years.
From everyone at Play2Give a very BIG THANK YOU and we look forward to your continued support going forward.
We have so much planned for 2022, to mark the two big milestones above, and we hope you will get involved and support wholeheartedly as always!
Just some of the many charities we have helped over the years:
Be Free Young Carers
Home-Start Southern Oxfordshire & Home-Start Oxford
Markers for Mindfulness
Oxford Hospitals Charity including Oxford Children's Hospital
Paediatric Eye Fund, Oxford
Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation
Angels Apa Off the Streets charity
Viking House, Oxford
£150 towards specialist trike for Jacob Hutchison with cerebral palsy from Didcot.
To all the individuals, volunteers, charities and groups all doing amazing work out there for others with kindness, thank you on this National #Thankyouday.