What a right Saturday night drag with over £1,540 raised for Play2Give!
And oh what a night it was indeed as it was an incredible success for our drag show night held at the Courtyard by Marriott Oxford South Hotel.
Scarlett Von Kok and Friends did not disappoint and it was a sell out show with one packed room making for a fantastic night of fun, hilarity, all things campery and drag of course and everyone left in fits of laughter and wet patches no doubt, too.
Our drag show night raised an incredible £1,547 with over £1,350 alone in ticket sales!
From belly dancing and lip-syncing queens, to queens doing the splits through to higher and lower and other amusing games, it really was an amazing night of entertainment and all finished off with a disco to end the night in style.
Plus, we smashed our total raised from our ladies night last year out of the water which is simply incredible and even more so in these cost of living crisis times, but it just shows not just how much love and support there is for our little charity but the number of people who love a good night out and we at P2G are known for putting on fantastic nights bringing people together.
We received a message on Sunday as follows from one attendee, Jason, who wrote:
“The play2give parties are the ‘Go To’ events.. you’ve built an awesome brand that people want to support and be part of..”
And, we certainly do know how to put on fantastic fundraising nights as we have experienced over the years by the number of happy and smiling faces each one brings to all attendees including our gala balls which are always hugely popular and sell out occasions. On this Small Charity Week we couldn’t be prouder.
Some special thank-you’s for Saturday’s event:
- Scarlett Von Kok and Friends, Lujane Oud, Cairo Ali, Sera Tonin and Grace Anatomy, for hosting, producing and performing putting a spectacular show together
- Courtyard by Marriott Oxford South Hotel for hosting and generously providing all the services, drinks, food and welcome canapes and especially to sales manager Claire McNicol
- Danny of RD Productions for his generous time and technical support with PA, lights, sound and making the whole venue look incredible
- David Child from the Oxford Hospitals Charity for attending and giving a talk about the impact of our fundraising and support to the children’s hospital
- And to all of our fabulous attendees for attending and really making this event a night full of fun and glitz.
Saturday’s event really was our most campest event in history.
We are always blown away and never fail to be amazed by our community’s generosity and wonderful support to all that we do as a little charity made up of volunteers changing, transforming, and saving lives across Oxfordshire and beyond in making a large impact on the lives of others, such as young hospital patients and families in hospital to adults living with acquired brain injuries, and many more who are touched first hand by our incredible work every day.